Grab the stein and get your fest on with Chef Jeff’s Floridian Potato Pancake recipe! Just in time for Oktoberfest season, these delightfully crispy German-inspired treats are the perfect pair to a tall pour of our refreshing hefeweizen.
Try them out at home or in the Funky Buddha Tap Room during our Funktoberfest celebration.
- 1 Tbsp Funky Buddha Floridian
- 2.5 lbs of starchy potatoes, peeled and finely grated
- 1 small yellow onion, minced or finely grated
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup plus 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- neutral tasting oil for frying
- Place grated potatoes in a colander and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. You can also use a kitchen towel to ring out the liquid.
- Place potatoes in a medium-sized bowl with minced onion, eggs, flour, and salt. Mix it into tacky mixture using your hands. Add a little more flour if needed. The best results come from using the mixture shortly after mixing.
- Using a non-stick pan, add oil to cover the bottom of the pan and turn stove to medium heat. Place about 1/3 cup of the mixture in the hot pan and form into pancakes with spatula or the back of a spoon. Fry on both sides for 3-5 minutes until golden. Place on paper towels.
- Serve hot with applesauce or sour cream.
- Crack open cold Floridian and enjoy!